Are You Using Protection During Oral Sex?
Are you using condoms with your blow Jobs?
Are you using dental dam with your cunnilingus?
I betcha you aren’t.
Let’s be real, while many may use condoms during sex; I bet many aren’t using condoms during oral sex. And while we don’t like to think about it, STD’s can be transmitted through oral sex. I know of a girl who has Herpes Simplex 1 in her lady parts from receiving oral sex someone with the disease. I’d say that would make future sexy times with a new partner a bit more complicated.
And if we’re being completely honest who really wants to use a condom or dental dam during oral sex? I mean, you already have a penis in your mouth, why add a rubber? I don’t care how flavored it is. And dental dam…sheesh. Do I really want something between my lips and his lips? Not so much.
However, from a safety standpoint, it must be done. To truly say you’re having safe sex, it has to ALL be safe – not just the penis in vagina or penis in anus variety. Sexually transmitted disease doesn’t discriminate. So here’s our guide on how to fully protect yourself when engaging in oral sex.
STD’s That Can Be Transmitted Orally
Why is it so important to use condoms with your blowjobs or dental dam during cunnilingus? Well, there are several sexually transmitted diseases that can be transferred orally. And just like vaginal or anal sex your life isn’t worth that orgasm no matter how good it feels. So what are the diseases that are most likely to be controlled sexually?
- Herpes is the most common STD transmitted via oral sex. There are two main types of herpes simplex virus (HSV): HSV type 1, which usually causes cold sores around the mouth, and HSV type 2, which causes sores around the genitals. If a person has HSV type 1 and they give oral sex to another person, the herpes could be transmitted to the genital area of the other person, causing genital sores. This process can also work in reverse, with HSV-2 transmitting from the genitals to the mouth of the other person during oral sex, though this is rare.
- Gonorrhea can easily be transmitted via oral sex. The infection is usually passed from infected genitals to a person’s throat, but can also be passed from an infected throat to a person’s genitals. The body will almost always naturally clear the throat of the bacteria that cause gonorrhea within three months, although infections in the genital tract will usually require antibiotics to cure.
- Syphilis is easily transmitted during oral sex if a person’s mouth comes into contact with an open sore or a skin rash caused by the infection.
- It is possible (but thought to be not very common) for the human papillomavirus, which causes genital warts, to be transmitted through oral sex.
- Chlamydia can infect the throat via oral sex, although this is thought to be uncommon. People with chlamydia may not have any symptoms and may not be aware they are infected.
- Hepatitis C is generally only contained in blood, and will only be transmitted if there is blood present during oral sex.
Other sexually transmitted diseases that have a slight chance of being transmitted via oral sex include Hepatitis B and HIV. While it isn’t likely you will contract either disease via oral sex, there is still a small chance it can happen, making condom (or dental dam) use all the more important when engaging in oral activities.
How to Put a Condom On With Your Mouth
It doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom and no fun sexy times. You can always spice your safe oral sex game up by putting the condom on with your mouth. It’s a nice bit of foreplay to take the sting out of the lack of sexiness of the condom. Check out this tutorial if you don’t know how:
Don’t Forget the Flavored Condoms
As we stated, using condoms with your blow job doesn’t have to be boring, it doesn’t have to be flavorless either. Flavored condoms are great way to spice up (flavor up?) a flavorless experience. You still have latex in your mouth, but at least now it’s tasty latex. Here are a few of our favorite flavored condoms.
- Lifestyles Condoms Assorted Flavors 40 Pieces Bowl: Lifestyles Latex Condoms Assorted Flavors 40 Pieces Bowl Display. Simulate more than your senses. Crank up the fun with intense colors and flavor scents. Lubricated with vanilla, strawberry, and banana. Colors match the tantalizing flavors.
- Trustex Banana Flavored Condoms: Trustex is a trusted brand in the flavored condom game. Their banana flavor is actually the most popular flavored condom brand we carry. You just can’t go wrong with this brand of tasty latex.
- Trustex Assorted Flavor Condoms 288 pc. – This pack is for those who are serious about their safe oral sex game and don’t ever want to worry about a tasty condom being nearby. Get all of Trustex’s flavor in this huge 288 piece pack. Never be without a flavored condom again.
Let’s Talk About Dental Dam
While the article may be titled “Are You Using Condoms With Your Blow Jobs” all oral sex needs to be protected — that includes you too ladies. What is a Dental Dam you ask? Well, dental dams are small, thin, square pieces of latex that are used for oral-vaginal or oral-anal sex. They get their name from their original purpose for use in dental procedures.
Their thin, latex nature makes them perfect for a protective barrier when performing cunnilingus. Just like a condom they can prevent the giver from having any contact with vaginal fluids and drastically reduce the possibility of contracting a sexually transmitted disease. And just like condoms, they come flavored as well. Here are our top three favorite flavors:
To use a dental dam, you just place the dam over the entire vulva (or anus) and get to work. There is even a harness you can use to keep the dental dam in place as you work your oral magic. See, easy breezy and most importantly safe.
Being safe can be incredibly unsexy, but it is (much) better than the alternative. While the focus is most often on penis in vagina or penis in anus sex when we talk protection, it’s important to remember that you’re still exchanging bodily fluids when you’re having oral sex as well. In other words: you can still catch something. So, with your new found (or re-learned) knowledge, go forth, have fun and be safe.
How safe have you been in the past when engaging in oral sex? Do you think you’re more inclined to be safe now that you’re aware of the risks and the safety options available to you? Sound off in the comments below and let us know what you’re thinking.
Want To Last Longer In Bed?
The key to lasting longer in bed and becoming the lover that every girl dreams about is not a cream, not a pill, and not a potion… It’s PRACTICE. The Fleshlight STU (Stamina Training Unit) masturbation product is a sex toy for men specifically designed to replicate the incredible sensation of sexual intercourse in order to help you find your rhythm and obtain peak sexual performance.
With the patented Real Feel Super Skin masturbation sleeve and a specially designed inner canal texture the STU provides the most intense and pleasurable training experience possible.
When you masturbate using the Fleshlight STU, not only will you be improving your sexual stamina and techniques, you’ll experience the intense orgasms that can only be achieved by using Fleshlight sex toys for men. If you can last 10 minutes in the STU, you can last 20 minutes in bed with anyone. Don’t wait. Start training now.Tags: Blow Jobs Condoms Cunnilingus Fellatio Oral Sex